Thursday, June 11, 2009

Oh Friday, where are you?

This week has been a particularly stressful week at work. I'm feeling better after having the ridiculous flu last week and I am needing to get caught up at work. That ain't happening anytime soon. I'm taking on new responsibilities at work with the supervisor stuff and at the same time still trying to work on the floor full time AND precept a new employee. Our new employee is great and she is doing a fantastic job which I feel extremely blessed to have her. However, with me missing some time last week and being pulled in several different directions at work I am feeling so guilty that I haven't been able to give her my absolute undivided attention. I tell ya, when it rains, it pours with screw-ups at work. I guess I am one of the few that actually have a conscience at work. And now I am left to clean up their messes and they keep getting chances. Besides feeling like a horrible preceptor and a horrible supervisor I am hoping to get to my desk and dig through the mess and find the wood that I know exists there somewhere(I will try and be positive), but I don't see that happening tomorrow as we are short one employees for a screw-up. Thanks goodness tomorrow is Friday and there is a light at the end of the dark, dark tunnel that has been Thursday. One can only dream.....

No comments:

Post a Comment