Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sometimes you just need a good cry...

Oy vey! It's been one of those weeks I should say. I've been super busy with family and work and I've really not had much motivation to do much of anything with the exception of little spurts here and there. I've felt like I haven't accomplished much, but I think with a good cry today I've been able to put it all into perspective.
Like I said with it being "sick season" at work it has been non-stop questions about the flu and vaccines, etc. I almost "lost it" at work yesterday when we were told a shipment would be delayed yet again. The tears started to sting the eyes, but I bit my lip and held back. Today, I had a meeting at school for my youngest. It's a long story, but he's needed special services before and we met today to see if it was necessary again. I was a nervous wreck and then there are five other people in the room when I walk in. His teacher started talking and she mentioned all these wonderful things about my little guy and I couldn't hold it any longer. I felt like a complete idiot, but I just burst into tears-literally. It was so bad, that by the time she finished talking the other four females in the room were grabbing tissues as well. Boy, I made a good impression, huh? I am happy with the outcome of the meeting and we are going to take it one step at a time. I am truly blessed to have all of these wonderful administrators taking their time to work with my family.
The good cry must have worked a miracle. I feel so much pressure lifted from my shoulders and I feel like I can accomplish what I set out to do. I realize that there are things that are not in my control and I have to let it go. That's not what I am used to, but it is important that I work on that. Now this wasn't a serious funk or anything, but I feel so much better. After the meeting I went out and got some supplies to work on some projects I've been wanting to do. (The hubby is really going to thank me. :)) The only bad part is, there are so many projects!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh cher, I am sorry... don't feel bad. Brenden is such a sweet boy, he's going to be just fine. I know what you mean with feeling the weight of everything, and good cries... I finally broke down and got some meds for all of my anxiety issues and I'm crossing my fingers it does the trick. Being a mom is hard work.

    ReplyDelete