Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Today...

Today I sit on the couch like a bump on a log. It is my day off during the week and I can't decide if I feel good. I've been fighting sinus junk off and on for a few weeks. Yesterday I get a nice little nag in the back of my throat-I am already exhausted from working all day and I am training a new employee at work so I've had to talk pretty much non-stop all day. This morning I wake up with the feeling that someone is hitting my head with a baseball bat. Nice. Now it feels like I've got something stuck in the back of my throat. Great~but that's the lovely thing about working with little people-you can easily catch something when they're about 2 feet tall, and haven't learned to cover their mouths until after they hack in your face. I do love my job though. It's a great and rewarding feeling knowing that you've helped a kiddo that's sick or helped ease their fear about getting immunizations. The best part is when their little face lights up when they see you becuase they're excited to see you. It's nice knowing that you're time and patience has been appreciated. So today I would love continue to sit like a bump on the log and take a moment for myself, but I really shouldn't. There are a million things to do. The laundry is calling me and I would love to finish organizing some of the other rooms. Most importantly it is the hubby's birthday. Yep, he hits the big 3-4 today. I intend to make a nice dinner for him. I wish it would be something fancy, but I don't know. He doesn't truly have a favorite. I think he would just love to have a hot meal. I may even make some type of dessert,but that might be stretching it though. He's worth it. (He'll have his cake later this week as his dad's birthday is in a few days and we'll have a family get together.) Okay, I better get started as I am moving just a little slower today. I promise, I am only going to sit for ten more minutes~maybe........

No comments:

Post a Comment