Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's a Dreary Day-Let's Complain...

It's a cloudy, dreary day today. The temperature is fabulous and cool, but it's been raining off and on since yesterday. Hey, it's a nice break from it being 87 degrees in the middle of October.
My complaint today is that I really, really dislike lazy people. What happened to the good ole saying, "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine"?? Well, I guess that phrase is just about extinct. Work is a perfect example. I usually go out of my way to help someone if they need it. I know I don't want to be stuck late at work if I don't have to, so I try and help everyone get out of there on time. We have two nurses scheduled each evening to purposely stay late so the others can go home. And we ALL take turns doing this late rotation. Anyway, it never works out that way. Some like to take advantage of others and sit around when they could be helping. These people disappear into oblivion when it's convenient and then magically re-appear when it suits them.Or some are even bold enough to sit and yack all day in front of those who are working. And left are the busy bee workers that care and truly want to go home, but nooo, we have to continue to do others' work for them. Teamwork is the key word, but that doesn't apply I guess. The hubby is reminding me gently that I need to leave when I'm scheduled to leave and to heck with the others. I try, but I'm a giver type and a worrier that something is left undone. I am going to try VERY hard to leave when I am supposed to and TRY not to be such a worrier all of the time. I have to because people are taking advantage of my generosity. I'll keep telling myself that it will reflect on me in the long run and it will come to haunt the others. I have to learn to use the word no. Heck, I use it with the kids and the hubby so I should be able to use it with others....Sorry for the rant, I needed to get that off of my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment