Sunday, October 26, 2008

It's been a busy week..

It's been a pretty busy week around here. Nothing too exciting though, just busy things if you know what I mean. The hubby had his birthday, one son had soccer and then I worked two flu clinics after my regular days of work. Wow, was I exhausted! Then yesterday, my oldest had a marching competition. Well actually I think it was more of a festival where they got judged and then given a rating type thing. It was kind of a dreary day to begin with. It kind of sprinkled here and there, but it looked worse than it was. Anyhoo, we get up to the stands and it starts to sprinkle again, and then stops. I'm thinking, yay, perfect, as the band was getting ready to perform. It all snowballed after that thought. As I was trying to record the performance with my camera, the hubby was taking pictures with another. Then it starts. A little sprinkle-okay, I can handle that. Then it sprinkles a little more. And a little more. Full on rain begins, the battery in my camera dies. Lovely. I put the camera away feeling defeated that I didn't get much video, but the hubby managed to score some pictures. I feel better about that. But what I didn't feel good about was the fact that that I was just about completely soaked on one side of my body. Ahh, the sacrifices we make for our kiddos. You know, I wouldn't have traded it though. I was so proud of my marching Wolverine. They did manage to score a rating of excellence...

No comments:

Post a Comment