Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving is Over, Bring on the Decorations!

Thanksgiving was great. Lots of good food and family is always a good thing. No sooner than the food is served I start thinking about Christmas. Each year I have grand ideas that don't always come to fruition. Even this year I have vowed to make it special as this is our first year in our new home. Maybe by Christmas Day I will have everything done. Ha!
I have to admit, I am by far, no Martha Stewart. I would love to have that kind of talent. I've been in this crafty/decorating phase lately. I don't know how successful I've been though. I've made a few Christmas/Birthday gifts for some. (I have purchased a few for others.) I see a good idea and then try to do it~and I am not always the best at it. I will give myself an A for effort though.
For a few years now I have been wanting to have lighted, potted Christmas trees for the front porch. Well, I guess the hubs was tired of hearing me hint to him that I still haven't gotten them yet. He took me to get some! I can't wait to get them out on the porch. Just hope no one tries to walk off with them like they did our pumpkins!
Hopefully once I get some of the decorating/crafting done I will try and post pictures....

No comments:

Post a Comment