Sunday, March 29, 2009

Promotion and Progress...

Okay, not too much has happened recently. We are slowly making progress with packing-and I mean SLOWLY. I know it's a lot to expect to have things done quickly, but it's always nice to dream. I have a co-worker and she is moving in the same time frame we are, but since she's relocating they're getting someone to pack for them. I am extremely jealous...I think pretty soon we will be over come by cardboard so if you don't see me just check in one of the taped boxes and you may find anyone of us in there! I did make progress on the boys' room. Boxes are packed, drawers and closet are cleaned out, and you can actually see the floor! We will need to repaint their room before we move out of here, but it is going to be completely white so that will make it easier. I do feel that I accomplished something this weekend so I don't feel completely defeated with this move. I even found time to fit in my workout for the day. I've worked out in the past only to get so busy or sick and then never got back into it. I tend to go in spurts, but this time I am telling myself it is more for my sanity. It helps to work off some steam...
At work a few weeks ago there was an opening for a nurse supervisor position. With a little poking and prodding from some co-workers and the hubby I was coaxed into applying. I wasn't quite sure that I would get the job, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to apply. Did I really need or want the extra headaches that come along with it? No-it would be great experience though. I had my interview along with another co-worker that would be absolutely fantastic for the job. After a long weekend and a few days they told us who they chose for the position. Of course not expecting it to be me, we both went into the office awaiting the verdict. Well, a few moments later I found myself literally picking my jaw off of the floor because they chose me. Whattt???!!
I am extremely flattered by the fact that I've been at my place of employment a little less than 3 years and I'm in this position. It is a great feeling to know that my co-workers and the providers I work for have been so supportive of this venture. I even received cards from a few of them. I think the best thing has been knowing how my co-workers feel about me. Now, we'll take another poll on that in a few months and see if they have changed their minds!...

1 comment: