Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yesterday totally stunk...

The house buying process was going so smoothly until yesterday. Picture in your mind screeching car brakes and almost slamming into a brick wall. We were supposed to be closing on our house today(Tuesday) and the hubby called me yesterday at work and said we have to post-pone again. What now??!! Well, the bank decided to wait until Friday to start their termite inspection. Okay, but of course yesterday while they were finishing they found some proof that we had some of those lovely little critters. On top of it all, they found joist and water damage that our inspector somehow missed. The repairs that need to be made are to the tune of about $7,000. I felt the tears start to sting in my eyes so I had to hang up. Okay, what do we do now? Supposively since the bank owns the house they are supposed to take care of the cost. Yeah, right. Now on the day we're supposed to close I am sitting on pins and needles everytime the phone rings. This bank has never made a move that fast, it only took them about five weeks to approve our offer for the house. We have already given notice to our landlord that we will be moving and I WAS going to go the kid's schools and change the address and all that jazz, but I guess I will be putting that off for now. If the bank won't pay for all of the repairs, then we may have to walk away from this house. I will be so disappointed, but I know that means it wasn't meant to be. So, in my attempt to drown out my "funk" that I'm in I did an hour long work-out so I'm sure my booty will love me tomorrow. I was going to try yoga, but I can't shake the mood. Now, maybe I will focus my attention to doing some cleaning and laundry. Then again, maybe some Cold Stone Creamery ice cream would make things better...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure they will fix it, it's better that they find this mess now though then later when it's on your wallet. You know you want to sign up for some hot yoga! I did find out that the Giles Church has yoga on friday nights... I guess it is free... or at least I will find out friday!

    ReplyDelete