Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ahh, life is better now...

Okay, so I know females can definitely put themselves in my shoes. Lets start off by saying that as we get older we all know that we're going to go gray at some point. My hair is a lighter brown color and I've been noticing the grays more and more these days. I don't know if it's stress or what, but I'll go with that excuse. Now when it's time, I will go completely gray, but at my age I am not ready for that-nowhere near ready. Another tidbit, for those that know me I am completely particular about my hair. I have always been that way. Admit to yourselves that you too go to the salon only to come home and make sure your hair is cut the right way. Well, back to the grays. I have found a wonderful stylist now that I am really satisfied with. It's a pricier salon and I hate to spend so much money. So, with the grays becoming very apparent I was thinking of ways to highlight my hair without having to pay the arm and a leg the salon charges. I was so close to trying it myself, but I talked myself out of it. Bless the hubs though, he even said he would help knowing he would be taking his life in his hands if it was messed up. Anyhoo, the hair appt was several days away and seeming like an eternity, I went somewhere else and got my hair highlighted since I chickened out myself. Wow, what a mistake. She lightened my hair, but I felt like bigbird in the moment. I just about died. I even went to the drugstore to buy haircolor to cover it all. I again chickened out and decided to suck it up. Everyone said they loved it at work-so I decided to leave it alone. Well today was my haircut appt with my regular stylist. I slinked in there and admitted all of my guilt. She giggled with me and said, "Easy fix. Let's throw some toner on it." Let me tell you, she may just be considered God. I went from a big yellow feathery, six foot childrens character to my normal self. I will never do something like that again. I figure, I work hard so I deserve to treat myself to something ridiculously expensive here and there, right? Life is better now-that is until this afternoon. I have to meet with my high-schooler's guidance counselor for career pathway counseling. Doesn't that say it all.........

1 comment:

  1. Your scaring me as I am planning on highlighting my hair at some point this week myself. Yikes! I just had a trim so I figure in another month I splurge on a pro cut and color, for now I am going to be cheap.

    ReplyDelete