Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup....

Okay, so I am hooked on dip and soups right now. Why? I truly don't know, but I thought I would share an easy evening soup that doesn't take hardly any effort. I usually get one of those rotisserie chickens from Costco, Sam's, or even the good ole Food Lion. When I get home I like to shred it to pieces to make life easier....

Chicken Tortilla-type Soup

2 cups cooked chicken, shredded

2 stalks celery, chopped

2 carrots, chopped

1 small onion, chopped

1 28oz can whole tomatoes

1 15oz can Rotel tomatoes with green chiles

1 15oz can corn, drained

1 150z can black beans, drained and rinsed

5 cups water

3 chicken boullion cubes

chili powder

garlic powder

cumin

salt and pepper

fresh cilantro(for garnish if you like)

tortilla chips, crushed (for garnish)

Saute celery, onion, and carrots until tender. Add to pot tomatoes, water, boullion cubes, spices(adjust to your taste), and bring to a boil. Next, add chicken, corn, and black beans. Return to boil and then simmer for approx. 20 minutes. Use tortilla chips for garnish on top. My kiddos love cilantro on top, but not everyone likes the taste of cilantro. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment