Sunday, May 3, 2009

The weekend...

It's Sunday here and I should be more productive today as we're hoping to move a good chunk of our things next weekend. I just can't get motivated to do it today. I worked yesterday and when I work an extra day I am usually pretty drained, but I must get some things done. I've already done three loads of laundry, I just need to fold them. I've cleaned one of our bathrooms, washed and cleaned the kitchen, too. I guess I'll take a break as I can't do much with four boys yelling and screaming/laughing as they're playing video games. The rain is keeping them inside so it's kind of hard getting into the groove of cleaning. I'll get some stuff done as moving is a motivation.
We've finally got all of the painting done in the living room and the dining room. I even broke down and painted our bedroom which I swore I would not do. I just couldn't take the color anymore. However, I refuse to paint the awful paneling we have in two of the other rooms-Lord knows I was tempted to start but I restrained myself. Hopefully we'll get the counters in the kitchen done soon as it looks pretty nasty in there. Maybe next weekend-it should be a pretty easy project. One can only hope...

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about master bedroom projects. I always feel bad about updating stuff in there as noone really ever goes in there so it seems pointless to make changes, but I reason that as a project for ourselves, and if it is nice in there when I try to relax and sleeep I will be a nicer person to everyone else lol.

    ReplyDelete