Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Making Whoopie...pies, that is....


So lately I have been salivating over all of the yummy whoopie pie recipes I've seen. I attempted to make the box version they sell at the grocery stores. Eh, not my favorite nor my kids. So I saw a recipe using a cake mix for the tops and bottoms and I thought I'd give it a whirl. We're having a pot-luck at work tomorrow so I thought I'd let my co-workers be the guinea pigs for this concoction.
I picked up a caramel cake mix and whipped up the top and bottoms. Uber easy. I took another filling recipe and mixed all that together and it definitely wasn't a pretty sight when I turned on the mixer.It.went.everywhere.  I learned my lesson on that one!
After that disaster was cleaned up I put the filling on the tops/bottoms and then rolled them in some fun Halloween sprinkles. I took them to the kiddos to test and moments later I heard my youngest say "These are a-maz-ing!". I've never gotten quite that response from him. Makes a momma melt!


No comments:

Post a Comment